Easy on the Creases | Origami DVD Player


I came across this amazing foldable DVD player concept while browsing online, but before I could marvel at its ability to be fold up and be put in a pocket, I had to understand the technology behind it. Unbeknownst to me, For almost 30 years now, over a dozen companies have been working on what’s called, electronic paper technologies. Their work has now evolved into being able to combine the flexibility of digital information with the convenience of a foldable, bendable paper-like product, well, more like a thin foldable plastic placemat.
Which brings us to this Origami DVD Player concept, which is actually a portable DVD player that may someday be manufactured using this new e-paper technology, all in full color. It looks amazing, and has tons of “wow-factor” but off the top of my head, I can envision many more substantial applications for e-paper, can’t you?
Wow, what lies ahead? Will e-paper be the future of newpapers? menu’s? window shades? computers? Well, just for today, concepts are still just concepts and we don’t know when, or if they will make the Origami DVD Player, but I have a sneaking suspicion that e-paper will be entering your life sooner, rather than later. And I for one, look forward to it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger